Ammonium sulfate is an excellent alternative to ammonium nitrate and has performed as well or better in university testing. Sulfur is vital for high yielding grasses, and contributes significantly to improved forage quality. Proper sulfur balance in animal diets can also significantly improve production of milk and meat.
Key Forage Grass Benefits
- Immediately-available sulfate sulfur helps speed crop development
- Sulfur helps improve protein content and digestibility of grasses
- Increased yields for many common grasses, including bahiagrass, ryegrass and bromegrass
- Shown to improve nutritional value of tall fescue fed to calves, resulting in greater calf gains
- Shown to improve milk production when applied to silage corn
- Sulfur-fertilized forage helps animals use dietary nitrogen more efficiently
- Safe to transport and apply, with no special placarding or record-keeping requirements
- Resists nitrogen volatilization, making it ideal for topdress applications in established stands
To learn more about how Sulf-N® can benefit your forage grass crop, browse the documents below or contact us for more information.