Capran® heat stabilized nylon films are an outstanding choice for vacuum bagging in the manufacture of critical industrial composite parts, such as airplane components and windmill blades. Capran® heat stabilized films are widely used during the molding process in which the composite is sealed up and vacuum is applied — putting mechanical pressure on the laminate during cure. Put simply, these films know how to perform under demanding conditions.
Equally important, you can count on a knowledgeable team of application development engineers dedicated to support your needs and requests. Contact us to see how we can enhance your manufacturing processes and vacuum packaging applications.
Key benefits of Capran® films for composite vacuum bagging:
- Puncture/pinhole resistance
- Flexibility under adverse atmospheric conditions
- Chemical resistance
- High tensile strength (14,000 PSI)
- Resistance to high temperatures (400°F/204°C)
- Fewer pleats than conventional bagging
- Excellent flex-crack resistance