Retort is a cooking process that uses heat and pressure to cook food in a sealed package. Retort conditions are quite demanding with temperatures typically ranging from 251°F to 270°F.
Capran® biaxially-oriented nylon films provide the strength, toughness, puncture and burst resistance that enable flexible pouches to withstand the strenuous retort process, shelf life requirements, and shipping, handling and distribution processes.The thinner dimensions of the product enable faster cooking in a flexible pouch versus other forms of rigid packaging such as cans and jars. The reduced retort time can also deliver superior taste and freshness to your products.
Equally important, you can count on a knowledgeable team of application development engineers dedicated to support your needs and requests. Contact us to see how we can enhance your manufacturing processes and food packaging applications.
Key benefits of Capran® films for retort packaging include:
- Superior taste due to reduced retort time
- Burst resistance (flex-crack resistance)
- Ability to withstand thermal processing for sterilization
- Exceptional strength and toughness
- Puncture resistance
- Extended shelf life
- Reduced storage space in warehouse and pantries
- Reduced transportation costs
- Easier and safer tear-open/disposal consumer experience